Monday, September 8, 2014

Who Do I Think I Am?: Curating my life through a mood board


Hello there, Lovlies!

I am Cristina. I am a lot of things. For right now I am a… newlywed, former musical theatre actress, recent transplant to the Hudson Valley from New York City, devoted DIY’er, calligrapher in training, designer, watercolor enthusiast, pink bubbly gulper, french macaron devourer, jazz standard shower chanteuse, floral arranger, student of the French language, self-proclaimed foodie, part-time gym goer (I try, I do), Pinterest fanatic, day dreamer, Marylin Monroe admirer and I am currently in the process of changing careers!

Changing. Careers. It sounds so grown up. I have decided to pursue a love of mine – planning and designing parties and special events. This translates to me (after doing loads of research) enrolling in The Wedding and Event Institute’s Wedding and Event Planning, Design and Business Course. When I have completed the course I will be a Certified Independent Event Planner, Certified Wedding Planner, and Certified Wedding Designer! I am so excited I could POP!

A portion of my first assignment has been to create a mood board that describes who I am – a collection of carefully curated photos that showcases my likes, dislikes, personality etc… To be honest, I wasn’t sure if I could possibly sum up who I am in a group of pictures. It is a daunting task asking yourself: “Who am I?”... and I am really, REALLY glad I did it. I came out with a little more knowledge about the person I am (it’s complicated), how I see myself (depends on what day ya catch me), and what means the most to me (my dear, sweet husband and my freakin’ awesome family!).

This is Me!
 
I highly suggest trying to do this on your own sometime – even if you’re not a Certified Wedding Planner in training. For this little project I used the photo editing site PicMonkey and read a fabulous and incredibly informative tutorial on Burnett's Boards about how to make inspiration boards. I have to say it was nice getting to know little ol’ me a bit better than I did before and the older I get the more I come to like who this girl is becoming.
 

XO,
 
~ Cristina ~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment