Monday, September 15, 2014

Dollar Store DIY: Flower Chandelier

Lovlies!
 
Have I mentioned that I just LOVE a good DIY project? Well, this one is a triple whammy - super fast, super cheap, super-duper adorable... and it only cost me $11.00 at my local
 Dollar Tree! That's right, E-LEV-EN dollars! Scroll on down and take a look at what you can do for around the price of two venti Starbucks Caramel Frappuccinos.
 
 
 
Ingredients
 
Things I already had:
 
1 glue gun
 
1 can gold spray paint (use any color you'd like) 
 
glue sticks
 
What I bought at Dollar Tree:
 
1 hanging plant basket
 
10 stems of faux flowers
(I bought two kinds of flowers in the same color palette - 5 of each)
 
 
 
Step 1: Separate the chain from your hanging basket.
 
Step 2: Find a very well ventilated space (preferably outside), lay your basket and chain on a plastic garbage bag and spray paint, taking care to cover the entire basket. Let dry completely.


Step 3 : While the paint on your basket is drying, gently pop the heads
 of your flowers off their stems.
 
Step 4: After removing the flower heads pull the green plastic backing from each flower.

 
Step 4: Turn your basket upside-down (with the hole facing up) and
hot glue your flowers to the basket - starting at the base and working your way up to the top.
 

I chose to alternate my flowers for a more varied look.



Step 5: Once you have glued all of your flowers into place, go ahead and clip your hanging chain back onto the basket.


Step 6: Hang that pretty baby up and admire your handy work!
 
This tutorial is for the hanging basket portion only. If you are looking for a lighted chandelier, Ikea sells the SEKOND cord set for a whopping $8.00. All you would need to do is thread it through the hole in the top portion of your chandelier and plug it in....which would put the grand total of this project at $19.00. A steal if you ask me!
 
Now, go and be creative, Darlings! It really is this easy.
 
XO,
 
~ Cristina ~

1 comment: