Wednesday, October 22, 2014

Wedding Wednesday: My Intimate White Chapel Wedding in Mobile, AL

Lovelies! Happy Wedding Wednesday!
 
Today is a special day! Today, I am excited to share with you a little slice of my life through my personal wedding photos. On April, 26th 2014, surrounded by our closest friends and family, Tommy and I became Husband (or as I like to call him "Husby") and Wife!
 
The Husby and I got engaged in late December of 2013 and just could not imagine waiting any longer than we had to to tie the knot. We were blessed then, and continue to be blessed now, by an overwhelmingly loving, supportive and generous network of family and friends.
 
Needless to say, the Husby and I had a quick 4 month engagement and it took a village to plan and execute a destination wedding in Tommy's hometown of Mobile, AL. Without the selfless support of our families and loved ones, our wedding day (and WEEK!) would not have been the magical day I so fondly remember it being. It was absolutely perfect. Seeing our day through the lenses of Mary Margaret Smith and Taylor Haynie's cameras brings every moment to life in beautiful, crystal clear detail.
 

Sodality Chapel, Spring Hill College, Mobile, AL
















One of my very favorite shots!



Isn't my sissy (and Matron of Honor) Gina beautiful?


The Husby with his Father and Best Man.



Katie Mattingly designed my bouquet! It was love at first sight.



Avenue of the Oaks, Spring Hill College, Mobile, AL




We were surprised by all of our guests with the perfect welcome to our reception


I'm obsessed with fruit and flowers! All of the glass pedestals and stands on our reception table were #DollarStoreDIY!


Each place setting was completely different - thanks to my sweet Mother-In-Law's incredible collection of glassware, china, and flatware. The effect was stunning!


Our reception took place in the back yard of the Husby's childhood home - under the canopy of a stunning oak tree.


We served my husband's favorite cocktail - The Dark and Stormy - and used delicious Bayou spiced rum as a nod to his southern background.


Our guests were treated to a totally southern filled, family style meal of fried chicken, shrimp and grits, collard greens, mac and cheese, biscuits and cornbread with honey butter... just to name a few of the dishes.




We designed, personalized, and printed our invitation suites to mimic a vintage, hand written letter...


...And continued the theme throughout our wedding day. Here are our menus - which doubled as personalized thank you's and place cards.




 
 It is my hope in the future to feature Real Brides and Real Weddings right here on Bespoke and Beautiful! If you are a Bride or know of a Bride who would like to share their special day, please feel free to contact me!
 
*All photos appear courtesy of Mary Margaret Smith Photography and Bespoke and Beautiful. If you would like to share or use these photographs (for personal reasons only!), I ask that you give proper credit to the photographer (Mary Margaret Smith) and link back to this blog - Bespoke and Beautiful - and the original post in which they appeared. Thanks!*
 
XOXO,
 
~ Cristina ~
 
 
 
 


1 comment:

  1. This wedding looks amazing. Just look at the charming couple! Both make a perfect couple together. Well dear, I really liked the decoration of their wedding location venue. Seems like they had an indoor wedding! Isn’t that true?

    ReplyDelete