Thursday, October 16, 2014

11 Non-Traditional Cakes the Human Race Should Get Behind + 1 Sweet Personality Quiz!

A few years ago I was hanging out with one of my lovliest friends, Hadley. Hadley is probably one of the most adorable people I have ever met - she's bubbly and funny, the penultimate hostess, smart and kind, and super generous and warm... all of the things a fabulous friend should be and more. So! We were hanging out and she introduced me to a fun little quiz about dessert preferences and what they say about your personality. As Hadley says: "It's all VERY scientific".
 
Below you will find 5 different types of dessert. I want you to rank these desserts from your very favorite to your least favorite. After doing so, scroll on down to see what your choice of dessert says about you!
 
 
~ Ice Cream ~
 
~ Cake ~
 
~ Cookies ~
 
~ Pie ~
 
~ Candy ~
 
 
And the results are in! Drum roll, please...
 
If you chose Ice Cream and its many flavors it means that you are spontaneous and adventurous.
 
If you think Cookies are where it's at you are adaptable and good in a crisis.
 
If you crave those Candy confections you are young at heart.
 
If you love Cake in all its iced glory you are solid and dependable.
 
If Pie is your one and only you are of a traditional nature.
 
 
Fun, right? It's also a really great dinner party question and ice breaker!
 
Alright, Lovelies. Now that I have you thinking about sweets, I want to get you thinking outside the proverbial 'cake box' and travel with me on a delicious and unexpected journey...to superbly awesome non-traditional 'cake' land. 
 
I have found some truly fantastic and tasty lookin' cake alternatives for each and every kind of sweet tooth. Oh! And I even have a cake in there for fresh fruit lovers! Scroll on through and get inspired.
 
XOXO,
 
~Cristina~
 
Chocolate Chip Cookie Cake
The folks over at The Cake Blog really nailed it with this one!
 
 
I don't think I'd have a problem finishing this gelato cake before it all melted! 
 
 
Jaime Oliver's Pancake Cake
"You're not having cake for breakfast! You're having fried cake... with syrup!" - Jim Gaffigan
 
 
Who in the WORLD hasn't dreamt of something like this Hostess snack cake cake happening at least once in their lifetime!?
 
 
 Bring this Giant Cinnamon Roll Cake to your next brunch and I'm willing to bet you'll be voted most likely to be invited back!
 
 
 
 
The humble (and underrated) rice krispie treat gets a huge and well deserved promotion!
 
 
This is layered pie 'cake' is totally nuts! In a reeeeeaaaaaallllly good way!
 
 
I'm a huge fan of saying "I'm just gonna have one." and knowing that I am a bald-faced liar.
 
 
Let's face it, we will all succeed in convincing ourselves that this chocolate covered strawberry tower is 'healthy' if placed in front of us.
 
 
You'd have to be a 'Dum-Dum' to not fall in love with this sweet candy cake...See what I did there?


No comments:

Post a Comment