Wednesday, January 21, 2015

My top 10 undercover beauty products of 2015!

Lovelies!

 I hope that you are finding the first 3 weeks of 2015 to be everything we have come to expect a brand spankin' new year to be: full of new adventures, fresh perspectives and lots of love and success. This year I didn't have a resolution, per se. It was more like a renewal of my goals from last year - which happened to include taking care of myself - focusing mainly on my skin and hair.

I am 32 years old (insert self-deprecating comment here) and I have to say, that I am discovering that I really have to step up my daily beauty regimen (a.k.a. finding fresh crinkles creeping around my eyes and dry, limp hair that I hadn't had to worry about in my 20's). So, in order to age as gracefully as I can, I have vowed to really focus on preserving my healthy hair and body this year. And I wanted to share the top 10 products that I use to help me along the way!

This is by no means an expensive miracle list. These aren't the newest and most coveted anti-aging products floating around out there. This list merely compiles my favorite ways to keep my healthy resolutions. I would love to have the budget for weekly visits to various glamorous salons, but I don't. *sigh* The beautiful reality is that we all have to work with what we've got and we might as well make that work a little bit easier every day, no?


1: Suave Professionals - Strengthening Light Leave - In Cream

 
Natural Infusion Awapuhi Strengthening Light Leave-In Cream
The conditioning cream in this little gold bottle works wonders! It is thick, rich, smells lovely and can be used on wet or dry hair. Not to mention I use it daily and it leaves hair looking moisturized and feeling soft as ever. I bought mine for $2.97. A beauty steal.
 


 
 Total Care Shampoo
Not only does this clean you hair without stripping it of essential oils, it smells divine! Just divine!
 
 
 
Secret Weapon® Flawless Finishing Crème
Totally a secret weapon in your hair care arsenal. This touch-up crème by Frizz Ease has a super creamy texture that goes on light, silky, and dries without leaving a heavy or greasy feel. Bye-bye frizzy fly-aways!

 

Skin Purifying Mask
 
Talk about a skin saver! I have been using Proactiv's Skin Purifying Mask for years now and have yet to find a more complete skin care product. This mask does double duty: drawing out pore clogging grease and oils, while calming aggravated blemish-prone skin. Bonus? Use it as a spot treatment overnight for unexpected breakouts. It works wonders!
 

Deep Moisture Body Wash with NutriumMoisture
I love Dove body wash. Always creamy with a rich, moisturizing lather. What keeps me buying this over and over? The pistachio cream and magnolia scent; feminine and sweet without a heavy soap-scented perfume.
 

 Pantene Dry Shampoo Blowout- 1.7 fl oz

This dry shampoo is fabulous! It goes on light and doesn't leave an embarrassing chalky film at your roots. It also dries quickly and has a soft, fresh scent. Downside? If you have an overly oily hair-type you may find that this formula is a bit weak when it comes to freshening up your day after look. You need to apply more than once. And although I have not had an issue with the mechanics of the spray nozzle, a hefty number of reviewers have. So be aware of those negative reviews before purchasing.

 
  • Alt Tag Loreal Paris
 
I use this deep recovery mask once a week in place of my regular conditioner. It leaves my hair super soft and super silky. Styling my hair after using this thick and rich conditioning mask is a breeze. It smells pretty great, too. 
 

A Kiss of Moisture Essential Lip Care
 
I love this lip treatment! It's like a blend between a clear lip gloss and a healing chap stick. Tip: I apply it directly before bed for extra smooth and moisturized lips.

 
elevated finish spray
 
 I use this finishing spray on my hair in between washings. It adds volume to second day hair and gives a flexible, manageable hold to my up do's. Another plus is that it barely has a scent. There are several expensive flexible hold finishing sprays out there that are so heavily perfumed that they are seriously cough inducing. The downside? I have tried multiple times to use it on clean, just-styled hair and have found that while it is strong enough to hold a curl even after I brush through it (impressive), it actually aids in tangling my hair into some pretty serious knots (not so impressive). I say, save it only for days when you need help securing styles between washings and you will not be disappointed.
 
 
10: Vaseline - Spray and Go Moisturizer - Cocoa Radiant

Vaseline Spray & Go Cocoa Radiant


I have never been the type of girl to moisturize every day; I found it tedious and time consuming waiting for thick lotions to dry before putting on my clothes... Enter Vaseline's Spray & Go! This is a miracle product for lazy lotioners everywhere! It sprays on a light cocoa butter scented layer of moisturizer that rubs in completely and dries almost instantly. It literally takes seconds to have healthy, nourished skin. Just buy it, already!

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

...And that's that, darlings! What are some of your favorite beauty products? I would love to hear about what items you just can't live without.

XOXO,

~Cristina~
 

No comments:

Post a Comment