Wednesday, January 28, 2015

5 Decadent and Deceptively Simple Valentine's Day Dessert Recipes

 
Let's talk about love, Lovelies!
 
Valentine's Day is all about love. For most, this holiday means showing your significant other how much you appreciate them. For me, it means sweets. Don't get me wrong, I love the Husby and I appreciate him every day. But it's no big secret that I appreciate him a great deal more when there's dessert involved. All kinds of dessert. I do not discriminate.
 
I love cooking for my husband and most often I show him how much I love him by making his favorite meals. Many nights, you can find him in the kitchen with me helping prep dinner, but there are times when he takes the reins and cooks a delicious meal for us all on his own. He may not wield a chef's knife like a pro, but he can follow a recipe like a BOSS! No, seriously, when my husband makes a meal it is always scrumptious because he follows every recipe to the letter. In my humble opinion, you don't need a ton of skill to manage your way around a kitchen if you have a simple, well written recipe.
 
So, today (with my husband's limited cooking experience and recipe following prowess in mind) I combed Pinterest in order to compile a list of no-fail, super easy, yet impressive and delicious dessert recipes that I believe even the most inexperienced chefs can execute.
 
 
Strawberry Brownie Kabobs

 
Ok, so this is not a recipe, per se. It is, however, simply perfect for the busy professional and the baking challenged, alike... and who doesn't love a dessert kabob?
Get the "recipe" here.
 
 
Chocolate Peanut Butter Fondue
 
What's easier than mixing, melting, and dipping things in this fondue? Eating it. That's what. Find the recipe here.
 
 
Raspberry Fool
 
This recipe consists of a whopping three ingredients AND it's delicious.
Why aren't you making this right now!?
 
 
Molten Chocolate Cake... in a mug.
 
Yeah, so, this recipe is the unmotivated chocolate lovers dream. For real. It's "baked" in the microwave. If you're feeling extra fancy top it with a scoop of vanilla ice cream. Praise the Lord!
 
 
Instant Chocolate Mousse

Voluptuous food maven Nigella Lawson created a monster when I found this recipe. She is a genius. It sets up in a snap thanks to her secret ingredient... *stage whisper* marshmallows! Guys. It is out. Of. This. World. Decadent.
 
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
Have a happy, happy love day, my dears!
 
XOXO,
 
Cristina
 


1 comment: